The following are goals and objectives of The Edison Performing Arts Center
- Create a community arts theater complex and dance studio with a warm, supportive atmosphere, which is based on satisfying customers.
- Provide a social and entertainment forum for people with diverse interests, backgrounds and ages.
- Provide theater and dance training for students at all levels of acting and dance, from beginner to advance.
- Provide continual training, benefits and incentives for staff to encourage a long-term commitment of employees.
- Improve community standard of living with future retail development and boost employment opportunity through job creation and maintain an annual sales revenue growth.
About The Center
The Edison Arts Foundation, a 501(c)3 organization, supports the activities of the Robert & Bertha Edison Performing Arts Center. The Foundation actively seeks funding for the Center’s productions and presentations as well as its physical plant and capital upkeep requirements. The Foundation also seeks funding for programs and projects for cultural and educational purpose. The Foundation will appropriately steward funds held for the benefit of the Center, while actively engaging the community for support on the Center’s behalf. Recognizing the cultural depth of the communities that the Center serves, the Foundation seeks to celebrate and highlight diversity in its presentations and operations.
The Edison Performance Arts Center’s Community Theatre will offer something unique from other community theatres, which is the C.A.S.T (Community Assistance Service Team) Program.
There will be three different C.A.S.T* Program opportunities:
- Concessions will allow non-profit organizations an opportunity to raise funds for their organization by providing volunteers to become Ushers, ticket counter and concession workers at shows and events throughout the year. This should help increase attendance at shows and events when the organization’s supporters come out support them.
- Tickets Sales will allow non-profit organizations to raise funds for their organization from sales of show and event tickets. Organizations will receive a portion of the ticket sales of the show or event sold by their group. This should help increase attendance at these shows and events when the organization’s supporters purchase tickets in support of them as well.
- Host Events will allow non-profit organizations to host their own event, such as movie night, craft shows, competitions, etc., to raise funds for their organization. This will allow The EPAC to collect funds of concession and give The EPAC exposure to individuals who will attend these shows.
In addition to these main staples and CAST Programs, the Edison Arts Foundation will provide community outreach offering specialty dance and fine arts instruction and programming to schools, nursing homes, and any business or organization wanting a specialized program. The Edison Performing Arts Center will be closely linked to the other studios in the Fort Bend/Houston area and as such provide partnerships, collaborations, resident artists, and exchange programs which will give the community a multitude of opportunities.